Latest Medical Vocab entries:
- What are NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)?
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
- What is Japanese Encephalitis?
- What is Jet Lag?
- What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS?
- What is Gout?
- What is Frontotemporal Dementia?
- What is Encephalitis?
- What are Bacteria?
- What is Chickenpox or Varicella?
- What is the Common Cold?
From the World of Health:
- Sex/Health: Is it safe to have multiple sexual partners? indiatimes.com
- Weight Loss/Heart Health: Shedding pounds may benefit your heart — even if some weight is regained. newsroom.heart.org
- Exercise/Brain: Does exercise really help your brain? Jury still out. medicalxpress.com
- Steps/Mortality: 8,000+ steps per day associated with lower risk of premature death. jamanetwork.com
- Lula/Pneumonia: Brazil’s Lula postpones China trip after catching pneumonia. aljazeera.com
- Vitamin B12/Advice: Vitamin B12 deficiency: Are you at risk? What are the warning signs? indiatimes.com
- Cancer/Therapy: For advanced endometrial cancer, chemotherapy plus immunotherapy improves outcomes. mskcc.org
- Laughing Gas/Ban: Experts warn laughing gas (nitrous oxide) ban will not stop use. bbc.com
- Mental Illness/Physical Age: Bodies of people with mental illness are biologically older than their actual age. epa-congress.org
- Sporty Students/Pandemic: Students who played sports before the pandemic did better during lockdowns. uwaterloo.ca
- Exhaust/Filters: Vehicle exhaust filters do not remove ‘ultrafine’ pollution – new study. birmingham.ac.uk
Medical Vocab is dedicated to providing our readers with the most accurate, up-to-date information on health and medical terms. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive resource that covers all aspects of health and medical terminology, from diseases and disorders to treatments, tests, and procedures. We strive to make this information understandable and accessible for everyone.
We believe that having a better understanding of medical and health terms can help us make smarter decisions about our own health care. That’s why we’ve taken great care in collecting data from reliable sources and writing content in a clear and concise manner.
We hope that you find our content both interesting and useful as it will enable you to gain a greater insight into whatever medical term you want to learn the definition and meaning of.